This exciting, one evening class will prepare you for your upcoming delivery. Learn what you REALLY need to know to prepare yourself for a beautiful, natural, unmedicated birth. In this class you will learn how to cope with labour, how to relax your mind and body, how to breathe properly, how to make a birth plan that suits your needs and how to deal with difficult situations and circumstances that may arise during pregnancy and labour.
Held on Friday evenings (once per month)
Time: 6:30pm – 9:30pm (see “upcoming courses” for class dates)
Location: 1508 Upper James St. (Mandarin Plaza)
- Positive birth stories
- Why natural birth is safe, healthy and AMAZING!
- How fear makes birth more difficult, and how to overcome fear of birthing
- The first hour after birth and how you can facilitate breastfeeding and mother-baby attachment
- Comfort measures for natural birth
- Breathing, relaxation and visualization techniques for birth
- Natural remedies to start labour
- Getting labour started on your own and what to do if labour slows
- Encouraging baby to get in the optimal position for birth
- Birth positions/Birth Exercises
- Holistic nutrition for healthy pregnancy and birth
- How your partner can help you during labour
- How to create a natural birth plan
- Birth Video (See 8 beautiful, natural births!)
Please bring a pillow, a towel, snacks & drinks and wear comfortable clothes. All materials will be provided.
To sign up, please contact Dr. Jenn via email (email@example.com)